Frequently Asked Questions
All meal kits and other food orders can be hand-delivered, or can be picked up from the New Scenic Café. Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions:
How do I place an order?
All orders must be placed through this website, and paid for with a credit or debit card.
We do not accept orders over the phone, or via in-person drive-up.
Can I purchase wine or beer with my order?
- We are not currently offering any alcoholic beverages for sale.
Can I use a New Scenic Café gift card to pay for an order online?
We are not able to directly accept New Scenic Cafe gift cards as payment for purchases.
We DO sell and accept electronic Mise en Place Marketplace "gift cards"
- If you are interested in transferring the value of a New Scenic Café gift card to a Mise en Place Marketplace gift card, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I change my order after it has been placed?
Requests may be made for additions, subtractions, or other changes to an order up until midnight on our order deadline days (see below).
If you wish to change your order after a midnight deadline, your order will need to be pushed to the next available delivery or pick-up day.
Do you offer substitutions or exclusions for any products?
We cannot substitute or exclude any ingredients. All of our meal kits and other foods are made and packaged identically.
WHERE do you deliver?
Delivery is available within a 30-mile radius from Duluth City Center. Map shown for reference:
We do not currently offer shipping for any products.
WHEN do you deliver?
- Deliveries are on Wednesday through Sunday, and are made between 2:00pm and 7:00pm on the selected date.
- All orders must be placed by midnight before the chosen date of delivery.
- Based on demand or unforeseen circumstances, it is possible that some deliveries will be pushed by 1-2 days. This is unlikely, and you will be notified ahead of time if this is the case.
HOW should I prepare for delivery?
To minimize person-to-person contact, deliveries will typically be placed at your doorstep. If you would like it placed elsewhere, please include details in the "Special Instructions" text field when completing your order.
Due to refrigeration needs, we prefer that someone is available to receive products at time of delivery. If you are not able to be present at time of delivery, please provide a cooler for us to leave your items in.
WHERE do I pick up my order?
Please pick up your items from the New Scenic Café, located at 5461 North Shore Drive, 8 miles up the North Shore from Duluth.
WHEN do I pick up my order?
- Pickups are on Wednesdays through Sundays, and are available from 12pm to 6pm on the selected date.
- All orders must be placed by midnight before the date of pickup.
Based on demand or unforeseen circumstances, it is possible that some pickups will be pushed by 1-2 days. This is unlikely, and you will be notified ahead of time if this is the case.
HOW should I prepare to pick up my order?
- Please park your vehicle when you arrive at the Café.
- Wait in line at the 'Scenic 61' Airstream trailer to speak with a staff member.
- Provide the full name used to place the order, and our staff will retrieve your order as soon as possible.
- IF the 'Scenic 61' trailer is not open or operating for some reason, our staff will be on the lookout for arriving customers and will help you promptly.
If you have questions that aren't covered here, please email us at email@example.com